Land-Lia Nail Polish review: Part One

WELL...it has taken a bit to get myself caught up, but I think I am, for now. LOL.

SOOOOOOO many new polishes have invaded my senses! To start things off, of course, is my favorite up-and-comer!

I dont get freebies, and if I do, its purely by chance, and a little luck too.  I believe if you want to review something, that sometimes paying for it is the best way to go. You are not beholden to the maker to post ANYTHING about their product, and they don't have an expectation or time frame. This is where my being overwhelmed with a bunch of polishes comes into play. LOL. Yup, got too many all at once, and being new at this, I got a bit bogged down trying to do the reviews. I really try not to be, but life kinda happens to everyone, and its one day at a time for me right now.


On to the reviews!


"Jack Frost", "Purple Explosion", "Snow Angel", "Candy Cane", "Santa Baby", "Christmas Tree", and "Sugar Plum"

~~~~~~~~

Well, Land-lia has the winter line-up out, and while I dont have them all, I have all but one I believe. LOL. Thats because I didn't order it. A slight on my part, but I hope to pick up at least a mini soon. SOOOO, "Sugar Plum" is not reviewed. :( OOO (edit 11/18).. and I dont have "Christmas Tree" either but will have both soon to add to my review! YAY!

***EDIT: as of 11/25, I have the whole collection to review! YAY!***

The first one up is "Jack Frost". By far THE best out of the bunch next to "Candy Cane". It has sooooo many glitters in it...blues and silvers. White too. I was in awe of this polish. Words could not describe just how beautiful this is. I will be posting macro shots of this later, but let me tell ya, this polish is one awesome color!


 In natural light, it is such a stunner! I kept this mani on for the whole weekend ! It got complimented by a couple people too, which of course I showed off the maker and the painted digits. LOL.

The macro will stun you into silence. LOL. Just sit and enjoy the beauty. LMAO! (NO JOKE EITHER!)


~~~~~~~~


The next one is called "Purple Explosion", a jelly-type polishthat packs a punch. I love this color and  this polish lives up to its name! SOOOOOOOOO many purple glitters pack this polish that its like wearing lights on your fingers! OOO-ing and AWE-ing is just what I did when I put it on for the first time. The macro does it no justice at all. I may have to put it on again to get a prettier picture. LOL!





Not the most awesomest of photos, but the polish is the most prettiest purple explosion on my fingers that I have ever had! It can be used as just a topper for a base polish or alone with three to four coats. the glitter is astounding! 

~~~~~~~~

When I got "Snow Angel", I thought that it wouldn't be all that spectacular to see. White on white...you know how that goes. Then I actually put it on. It is a very subtle color, and not a "white" white, but still a white, ya know? LOL.  Its looks off-white, almost a nude color on my own nails. It reminds me of weddings, and snow, and something angelic. Hard to get pics of it too. LOL. There are a mix of medium, small, and micro glitters, some glitter strips too, so its got a surprise in every application. Even a bit of sparkle too from a dash of glitter in there too. A very elegant polish. 



2-3 coats is total coverage.


~~~~~~~~


I love candy, which is why I had no issues with "Candy Cane".  A very red jelly-type polish with a hint of frost to it, the color goes on smooth and the white glitter accent contrast so well with this color. I love the way it kinda shimmers in the light, and it really does look like a candy cane. Very bright and fun...




2-3 coats and this has total coverage. Its so pretty, and full of white, red and even some gold glitter. A MUST have for the holiday and IM glad that I own one! 


~~~~~~~~
Christmas Tree is just that: a green glitter jelly topper. It has a collection of larger circle glitter (none that I could fish out to put on top. It reminds me of tree lights!), but all-in all, a great festive glitter topcoat, or a wear-alone color too. Three to four coats is total coverage for the wear-alone color. Two to three for just a top coat to your fave holiday color. 






~~~~~~~~


Sugar Plum...its sassy and fun, packed with TONS of glitter. Im pretty sure that it would look good on ANY nail color, as it also looks good alone too. 
I decided to have a bit of fun when I swatched this. I took out some of the Julep purples I had and put them on each finger...and the result was awesome! Again, this color is not available, which sucks, because it would sell in full sized bottles fast. I was glad Shannon sent me this, as it was her own and the last one. Boo. :(

As with most all glitter nail polish, this really does need a top coat. Its very textured. AND as I said, I had a bit of fun doing this topper....lol.








~~~~~~~~




Last but not least (because theres are a few more I will be reviewing in my next blog...lol), is "Santa Baby".  A clear mix of red, silver, green, blue, gold, and quite possibly holos too! Oh my! Its a virtual "string of lights" and your fingers! I used this alone and on a a shimmer color called "Drop Dead Gorgeous" by Loreal. It looked STUNNING on the black shimmer. Its very versatile and could probably be used on any color that you fancy, or alone, to give a pop of sparkle during the holidays. 




As you can see, it really is a beauty of a top coat, or can be worn alone. I may try this with a blue or a green base. Twinkle twinkle wee glitter...great addition to my collection! Great collection ! You can pick up your own at the main web-site here:
http://www.landliapolish.com
http://instagram.com/landlia_polish
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Land-Lia-Nailpolish/417843121669929

Comments

  1. I absolutely Love Sugar Plum! Keep up the good work! I hope one day I review your polish on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment